Monday, August 23, 2010

tosca day 12

Quote of the Day from Paul Curran
"its not about weather or not they(the audience) notice, its about meeting our standards as artists"

I sat in on a production meeting for the Rizalka which will be heading to Tokyo next year. And I finally met the head of lighting here. I find the way this theatre is organized is very interesting. Everything is departmental. It’s actually kind of frustrating, since it seems that there are no inter-department memos. Or after show reports, the theatre seems to function well enough, but I don’t understand why they don’t just sent out an email or a report. There also seems to be a large amount of people with positions that are basically just figure heads. That notwithstanding, I would still love to work in a place like this. And to work with someone like Paul, I really enjoy watching Paul work, he has a very good understanding of what he wants, and can communicate it to the singers in 6 different languages. Kevin Knight the set/costume designer is also fantastic. The coats Scarpias goons wear are amazing, and I’m not just saying that because I love that style coat
In general I find the strong dynamic between Paul Kevin and David very interesting, they all have a very similar approach, and I would love to see how they work together on a new production. (This show is a remount it was originally put on in Toronto)

No comments:

Post a Comment